A seasoned Macomb County Social Security disability attorney can explain to you what constitutes “disability” under the government’s definition of the term. Read on to determine whether or not you qualify for Social Security disability benefits.
The government focuses on a person’s ability to complete several physical functions, including:
- Manual labor
Making a Case
- If you cannot do any or all of the above, a Macomb County Social Security disability attorney can argue that you should qualify for disability benefits.
- However, age is a major factor when determining eligibility.
Applicants Under 50 Years of Age
- Do you have trouble completing even the most basic, immobile job?
- Can you no longer fulfill a job that requires standing and sitting throughout the day?
- If you answered yes to both questions (and can prove these allegations), you may be able to qualify for benefits.
Applicants 50 to 54 Years of Age
- If you are 50 to 54 years old and cannot perform a position that requires standing the majority of the day and lifting light packages (up to 20 pounds), you may qualify for disability benefits with the help of a Macomb County Social Security disability attorney.
- This may be true even if you can fulfill an administrative position that allows you to remain seated all day.
Applicants 55 Years of Age or Older
- Candidates 55 years or older may meet the requirements for Social Security disability benefits if they can no longer accomplish tasks of medium difficulty.
- This means that you cannot stand on your feet for most of the day and are unable to lift 25 to 50 pound articles. These guidelines apply even if you can do light work.
Responsibilities of Your Lawyer
- Proving your abilities and disabilities.
- Preparing you to testify about any work skills you have learned in the past.
- Helping you explain your limitations to an administrative judge.
Although these brief guidelines may help clarify the complex rules surrounding Social Security disability benefits, it is always best to refer to an expert Macomb County Social Security disability attorney when your future means of income are at stake. Call J.B. Bieske and Jennifer Alfonsi, Attorneys at Law, today at (800) 331-3530.