If you are applying for disability benefits, only you can understand your limits and describe your symptoms to a judge. However, a Macomb County Social Security disability lawyer can be invaluable towards helping you prove your disability case.
Relating Your Pain
- When you are testifying in front of a judge, it may be tempting to explain your condition or injury in medical terms.
- For example, you might desire to simply state that you have a vertebrae injury that prevents you from working.
- However, it is important that you delve into the nature of your disability further and describe your limitations to a judge so he or she can evaluate your disability claim.
- You should begin by describing your symptoms.
Describing Your Symptoms
Be sure to point out any of the symptoms related to your disability, including (but not limited to):
- Shortness of breath
- Severe or debilitating pain
- Loss of muscle control
Also, you can bolster your testimony by explaining the following factors related to your pain:
- Useful remedies
- Length of time that pain lasts
Walking a Tightrope
- A Macomb County Social Security disability lawyer should encourage you to be truthful and descriptive.
- Your testimony will give the judge an idea about the severity of your suffering instead of an unhelpful recitation of your medical history.
- Avoid using extreme words like “always,” “never,” and “excruciating,” since these can undermine the plausibility of your story.
- Do not exaggerate about the intensity of the pain; if your pain truly is that severe then your medical records should help support your claims anyway.
- Conversely, you do want to communicate that your suffering interferes with any gainful employment so that you can receive disability benefits, so be sure to communicate your limitations and level of pain clearly.
- If you do not communicate this or you fumble and state that your pain is not very intense, a judge most likely will not qualify you as disabled.
If you would like to apply for disability benefits but do not know how to start, you should contact an expert. Call two Macomb County Social Security disability lawyers who will fight for your compensation; call J.B. Bieske and Jennifer Alfonsi, Attorneys at Law, now at (800) 331-3530.